Don’t leave your skin in a pinch; let the Ultra-Hydrating Enzyme Masque nourish your epidermis with hydrating botanicals, antioxidants, fruit enzymes, and more!
Not only is this masque great for all skin types and Fitzpatricks, the exfoliation it offers is also gentle enough for those with sensitive skin!
Ultra-Hydrating Enzyme Masque Key Ingredients and Benefits:
- Derived from the papaya fruit, this digestive enzyme hydrolyzes and digests proteins. Papain is rich in malic acid and also packed with 212 amino acids. This enzyme removes dead skin cells from the top layer of the epidermis, leaving the skin with a smoother texture and brighter complexion.
- An enzyme found in pineapple that improves the texture of the skin by promoting protein metabolism and eliminating dead skin cells. Bromelain also aids in reducing inflammation in the skin.
- An emollient used for its soothing and healing benefits. This ingredient is also wonderful for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties. Calendula works great with sensitive and oily skin types.
- A skin-conditioning agent and emollient derived from coconut with deep moisturizing properties.
- A water-binding molecule that is produced naturally in the skin. Hyaluronic Acid assists against Transepidermal Water Loss by holding up to 1000 times its weight in water. This amazing ingredient not only prevents dehydration in the skin, it promotes the production of collagen, increases elasticity, aids in healing, while also regulating skin activity such as distributing nutrients to the cells.
- This versatile essential oil works well with all skin types and is excellent for acne, burns, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. It aids in balancing the skin while stimulating cell growth. Lavender is also used for its antiseptic, analgesic, anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
- Also known by its scientific name Cymbopogon Citratus, lemongrass has amazing healing properties. It is also antibacterial and antifungal, making it wonderful for acne and oilier skin types as it helps normalize oil production, reducing breakouts.
You don’t have to be Irish to be lucky enough to experience this pot of gold! Not only is this masque the four-leaf clover your skin has been searching for, it’s also AMAZING to use on the eyelids and lips for its gentle exfoliation as it hydrates!
This photo and blog was written by Addison Kesler for the GlyMed Plus Blog.